Sunday 29 July 2012

Harry Potter, diet coke and mentos

Here I'm including a few pictures of a couple of things we've been up to this week.

Firstly, I bought a quill, ink and parchment paper so that the boys could write like Harry Potter. They loved it, wrote loads and they've even been doing their daily maths using the quill and ink. These are the boys who hate writing! It's all about finding the thing that gives them the most motivation. Letters, poems and maths have all been willingly done with a quill. The power of Harry Potter!



Along different lines, we watched Volcano Live and they decided that we just HAD to do the coke and mentos volcano. It worked and was really quite magnificent. I think George 2nd's face says it all!




1 comment:

  1. Loving the Harry Potter quill writing. My nephew goes to senior school this Sept and, because H and her cousins have been playing an ongoing game of being the next generation at Hogwarts, she decided to write him the whole letter that Harry receives in Bk 1,with the equipment/uniform list..on parchment type paper in ink. She even has sealing wax and an H seal! I delivered it by hand and hooted while I did it!

    ReplyDelete