Wednesday 8 August 2012

Industrialisation vs Agriculture with relation to schools

I have spent a lovely day with my sisters in law and a friend of theirs today. We were chatting a lot about home ed because their friend is very interested and is quite dissolusioned with the education system. It reminded me of a quote I read recently by Sir Ken Robinson about the principles that the current education system is based on. Whenever I write things like this it always seems to turn into a school vs home debate. I am NOT anti-school. If it's right for your children, if they're happy and developing well, then school is just fine. I however, do not feel that school is the right place for us and the following quote sums up one of the many reasons why I feel this way.

 
 
I truly never enjoyed a single minute of my children being in an environment so far removed from family life. There were some advantages yes, a tidy house, a bit of quiet for a few hours a day, but I never felt comfortable with them experiencing that specific type of experience. Over the past 10 months I have seen the flourish. I've been a part of every aspect of their lives. I enjoyed (almost) every minute and I have definitely been more relaxed and comfortable. My little seeds are growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment