Thursday 1 March 2012

It's March - Again!

I am so excited that it's finally march. It's nice weather, I'm spring cleaning (something to do with not being pregnant anymore) and in the mood for learning.

This morning the children created a beautiful picture of The Tree of Life from Lehi's dream recorded in 1 Nephi. They had fun listening to the account and then using felt to make the picture.

Once we'd finished this, we decided to go and play crazy golf. There was a lot of laughing, an obscene amount of cheating and a lot of fun being had. The boys loved being out in just their t-shirts. There was no one there so they had at least 3 goes each. The lady at the kiosk asked the inevitable "day off today?" question. When I explained that we home educate she told me she wished she'd done it for hers. She also commented on how polite, well behaved and communicative the boys were. It was so lovely to receive a well deserved compliment. George 2nd came away saying "I don't want to do home ed anymore" and my heart nearly broke. He qualified it with "I want to play golf all day" Phew - what a releif. More golf I can do!

When we got home George 1st got out the mini greenhouse kit that he got for his birthday. He carefully read all the instructions and planted his little seeds. He was so excited to tell me how long it would take. He learned that .5 is also a half and remembered it the next time he read it. He wrote the date on the record sheet so we know when it was started. There's a lovely ruler that tells you how high they should be and a chart to record. I just hope they grow now!

Tomorrow: Study of the power of the number 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment